Monday 26 March 2007

Inspired by paper




All Stamped Images - Copyright Stampin'Up 1990-2007
Stamp Sets: Seeing Spots, Happy Harmony
Cardstock: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Ribbon, Brads, Circle Punch, Slit Punch, Scallop Oval, Scallop Scissors

The other week, I bought some of this pattern paper made by Crate Paper. I love the paisley print with the flowers on it. I was very happy to just find out that the new SU catalogue has a Paisley Print BG stamp. Can't wait to get it!!

I didn't actually have a play with it until last week when I bought some orange grosgrain ribbon to match. So I've made this cute set of cards using the paper and combining with some SU stamp sets (Seeing Spots, Happy Harmony) I wasn't quite sure about the colours at first but it's growing on me and I'm quite happy with the result now.

Note: The scallop border on Card #2 was done with the Slit Punch.

I was very much inspired by Lee-Anne's set of Mother's Day cards which she made last week. She has used some pretty pattern paper and stamps to create a very beautiful set of cards. Have a look at her blog (link at the left of screen) she is a very talented stamper.

3 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Hi Chantelle

Those cards are absolutely gorgeous...I love that paper!! You have done a really wonderful job :) Thank you so much for your kind comments about my cards, I really do like working with patterned paper and I'm very excited about some of the new papers in the new catalogue.

Have a great day!!
Lee-Anne

amymom24 said...

Beautiful cards, Chantelle! I like the second one best (nice scallop edge with your slit punch!). I have the paisley BG, just got it in February, and it is a FUN stamp:) I'm sure you will love it.

~Amy H.

Angela Sargeant said...

OMGosh! Stunning stunning cards! Thanks for sharing.

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...