Friday 18 January 2008

Best Barcodes.

Best Barcodes is the name of the stamp set I've used for this card. Sometimes it's fun making a card with a different fold. So here goes my little explaination with photo's!!

Here I've scored Whisper White cardstock a little over 5cm from each side and then folded the card inwards so both edges meet.

I've made this embellishment which will sit on the front of the finished card. The little tag has been stamped with Best Barcodes. I've cut out and matted onto Whisper White, DP Loves Me and Pretty in Pink. The corners have been rounded with corner rounder punch. I've set an eyelet in the corner and tied some grosgrain ribbon to it. Then it's been finished off by using the circle punch to cut out a flower from the DP Loves Me. I just love this paper.
The two seperate folds of the cards have been matted with Close to Cocoa cardstock on which I've stamped the flower from Sweet on You; another stamp set from the Summer mini. Using a small circle punch I've punch random from the DP again and put into the centre of each flower.
Finally the embellishment has been adhered onto one of the panels of the card, so that it can open up. Here are two pictures of the finished card to give you an idea how both panels fold out.


Card Recipe:
Stamp set: Best Barcodes, Sweet on You
Cardstock: Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, DP Loves Me
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon, Corner rounder, Circle punches, Dimensionals.
All images Copyright Stampin'Up 2008

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Chantelle,
Love the card, colours, layout, just gorgeous.
I have that set as well it is really effective set i reckon:)
I am a tad jealous that you have the timne to make cards and i dont.
Have to wait to Mel goes to school i reckon and hey i am going to just have to make the time to do it at least once a week.
I think my sets may get rusty before i use them more i think:)

Janice said...

Hey loved it!! and thanks for the steps!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...