Tuesday 25 March 2008

Delightful Designer Paper

I've always loved the DP (Designer Papers) Stampin'Up has come out with. In this post, I've made cards using my favourites. All the DP's are double-sided, meaning both sides have a print, which co-ordinate with each other. So here is the process I've used to design these cards.:
1. Decide on DP and cut to size for background.
2. Cut from the same piece of DP for the strip in middle of card, about 5cm x length of card. Now you will be using the otherside of same paper. (For example in the first card, one side of DP is True Thyme and the otherside is Dots)
3. Pick a co-ordinating colour for base of card.
4. Stamp image and embellish card how you desire.

It really is easy to come up with some quick and simple cards using this method because you hardly need to decide on the colours. Just pick your favourite DP and your favourite stamp set, and away you go. I certainly had fun making these 8 cards in one sitting!




The first three cards use Treehouse DP (which is retiring) and I've made some boyish cards using Wild About You and Bugs & Kisses stamp sets. These sets will both be in the new catalogue.



Here I've made some more samples cards using the All in the Family stamp set. Some girly cards using the Loves Me DP from the Summer Mini (which is also retiring). I really love the combination of colours you can use with this paper - Choc Chip, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink and Cool Carribean - some of my favourites.



And these two pretty Bella cards use Petals & Paisley which came out earlier this year in the Spring Mini. And I'm happy to say, we will be seeing this DP in the new catalogue.
If you have any questions about these cards, leave a comment for me to answer. There is one more week before the release of the new 08/09 Catalogue and as a demo, I've already received my copy. It has heaps of new DP to choose from, new stamps, punches, ribbons and lots of other exciting products. So I look forward to showing you creations using these new products very soon.
All images Copyright Stampin'Up 2008

My blog counter is ticking over very fast these days and I want to say thanks to those who take a peek at my blog, whether that be for Stampin'Up or personal. I can't believe it's getting close to 10,000 - which is actual visitors on my setting. So I'm planning on some blog candy and will be taking note of your lovely comments and who pops by to see me in the next month. So stayed tunned for more info....

5 comments:

Jen said...

As always Chantelle, i love those papers too! Now i know what you mean by the DP you mentioned in the email:) TFS your gorgeous creations. I cant keep up with you! I might have to bring you some of my supplies to wear in:)
Have a nice evening!

Christina Marie said...

I LOVE those All in the Family stamps!!! They are so adorable!
:o)

Ryan and Erica Swarts said...

I LOVE all the cards you made Chantelle - you are sooooooo creative. Love all the colours etc. Especially love the "all in the family stamps" and the cards you did with them. Great stamp set (wish I had it)! Luv Erica xx

HH said...

Chantelle, love the cards you make. I hope that the people who receive them take the time to actaully look at them. I can only see them on a web page but they must be so much nicer still when you actually receive one ;)
How's the bump? Hope your doing well. We are having some lovely weather at the mo, nice to go for a walk and breathe that ocean breeze...hmmm, I'm dreaming again.
Bye xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Chan,
I got the demo caddy copy today, you are so right those DP are gorgeous, love the colors and dont mind the new In Colors either. Still drooling, havent looked properly will do tonight with a cuppa. CU soon. xJJ

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...