Friday 7 March 2008

Get better soon!

I made this card today for a friend whose not feeling so good. For something different, I've made a circle design. Using my Creative Memories circle cutter, I've cut a circle from Certain Celery and then another with DP Enchante. I've stamped the flower image twice and cut out using the paper snips from SU - they are just wonderful and are a must for cutting out images! The flower has been finished off with a bling brad from SEI. (non-SU) The sentiment is from Best Barcodes - I've stamped it onto white cardstock and used a punch to cut out the sentiment. For the background on the Certain Celery cardstock, I've used a stamp from a Sale-a-bration set - Friendship Blooms and high-lighted bits with a white gel pen. The card has been completed with brown grosgrain ribbon.

This card came together very quickly; I think I may be doing a few more circle cards very soon.


Recipe:
Stamps: Friendship Blooms, Best Barcodes
Cardstock: Certain Celery, DP Enchante, Whisper White
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Certain Celery
Accessories: CM cutter, Bling Brad SEI, Window punch, Grosgrain ribbon, White gel pen
All images Copyright Stampin'Up 2007
On the family front: I've had a check-up today with my doctor and midwife. All is going wonderfully well. The program they have down this way is great. Most of your appointment is with the midwife, who checks you out and has a chat, then the doctor will come in and say hello if needed. Both doctor and midwife are really nice and make me feel really comfortable. In a week or so, I have my anatomy scan. We've decided we won't be finding out the sex of this little one. Even though we would be delighted to have a little girl, a boy will be just as perfect; so we are going to wait to the end and enjoy the surprise. I'm sure it will be worth it!

9 comments:

HH said...

Chantelle, that circle card is just gorgeous. You make it look so easy. I love it's unusualness (is that a word??).
Glad to hear everything is going well for you and bubba. I'm sure you won't regret not finding out the sex. Makes the end all the more exciting and worth the wait. Take care xx

amymom24 said...

Fabulous card! Love the Frienship Blooms images highlighted with the white gel pen. I just ordered the matching rub-ons so I'm looking forward to playing with those:) I sold a whole bunch of my old stamp sets and supplies so I could place an order during the sale-a-bration. Now I have room for more stuff!

Glad you and baby are doing well. I couldn't wait to find out the gender, I'm glad you have more self-control than I:) I'm sure the surprise will be fabulous!

Christina Marie said...

Your card is such fun!
I would love to find out my baby's gender, but my husband doesn't, so we'll see! :o)

Amy said...

Hi! I saw your blog on Allison's Friday list today and wanted to stop by. You have some great creations! I am looking forward to seeing more and am adding you to my google reader. I think you'll be the first australian blog I have on my list! How fun.

Have a great weekend! Come by and see me sometime!

Jen said...

I love the card, the design, the colours, just fabulous, boy do you have a creative gift or what. I am sure your friend will love it too. Take care Chantelle, rest when you can and of course as always 'happy stampinup' JJ

aimee said...

hey chan,
just letting you know i've uploaded all my lomo tassie photos on my clog if you want to have a look,
love aimee

aimee said...

no go ahead, copy and paste away - but i think i'll put them on a cd and give them to you because all the photos have been reduced in size. i'll do it sometime next week and send it in the mail okay? and i'll include the ones from my digital camera as well! have a nice night :)

Jennifer Roach said...

Very pretty!

Ryan and Erica Swarts said...

Hey Chantelle
Thanks for the advice on Picasa (downloading photos a bit faster). It works a lot better now! Nothing more frustrating then waiting and waiting and waiting for photos to download! Just reading through your blog and congrats on your baby to be!
Luv, Erica xx

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...