Thursday 29 May 2008

Colour Challenge 168

I've joined in with the Colour Challenge fun again this week. The colours are: Choc Chip, Very Vanilla & Sage Shadow - a very nice combination to work with.

I have a scrapbook layout (6x6). Normally with a photo of the beach I would tend towards blue cardstock; so it was good to use other colours that still compliment the photo. I've stamped a shell from the Seaside stamp set on the base card of Sage in the same colour ink. The sentiment comes from Define your Life stamp set. A wonderful set for scrapbooking. I've distressed the edge of cardstock with my new Cutter Kit. I've always thought I wouldn't need this tool, but the opportunity came for me to get it and now that I do have it..... well, it's fantastic. A cutter, scoring tool, perforating tool and distressing tool all in one. I'll be using it heaps, especially to distress the cardstock. The little embellishment has been made with the Tab punch, jumbo eyelet and ribbon.
My card uses the Baroque Motifs stamp set, one of my favourites at the moment. Love the swirly look!! So I've stamped up the base of card using the swirl stamp in sage ink. This card folds out from the middle, just for a different layout.
Since I don't have the Pretties Kit as yet, I've made my own flower from the Scallop Punch and blinged it up with a brad. More cardstock distressing and a ribbon has finished off this simple card. But I'm really happy with the end result.


All images © Stampin'Up 1990-2008

2 comments:

Bruce and Sarah said...

Those colours look great together!

Leigh said...

I love the colours. Gorgeous card and fabulous layout.

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...