Monday 17 November 2008

Be Inspired to Create #4

Hope you are all well on this Monday morning. I have for you Inspiration #4. Had lots of fun with this one as I thought the colours were just so nice together. My inspiration was from a little all-in-one suit, a present for Caden. (thanks Keesh). I just love the colours Pumpkin Patch has for this season. And some of the pictures are so similiar to SU stamps!! So the colours I'm using are: Ruby Red, So Saffron, Going Grey & Basic Grey.



This card has a Going Grey base onto which I've layered Saffron cardstock. On this piece, I've stamped up the Tres Chic BG stamp onto a part of the cardstock. Then I've used the cute elephant and giraffe images from Wild about You and made some circles using my CM cutter. The 'love' sentiment is from the Tres Chic BG stamp - I've stamped onto some White cardstock and used the SU circle punches to cut out the word. The card has been completed with taffeta ribbon and some bling brads.

This next card is a cute little square one and I've used an oldie but a goodie - Loads of Love. The car image is great for paper piecing, which is what I've done. The car image has been stamped onto White cardstock and also some So Saffron DP. I've then cut out and pasted onto the white cardstock. I've used my ink pads and aqua painter to colour in the hearts and car wheels. Too cute!!



With so much cardstock and accessories spread out over my craft table, I thought I would quickly make up this scrapbook page. The colours in the photo were perfect for this round.
So the base is Basic Grey to which I've added some strips of Red & Going Grey. I've roughed up the edges using the distressing tool. The red cardstock has stars stamped all across and then I've done paper piercing along the bottom and top of the strips of paper. I've used some more of the So Saffron DP with spots. The star image is from Nursery Necessities - stamped onto White cardstock then mounted onto grey and cut out. The 'Wonderful Brother' is from the Wonderful Favourites stamp set.
All images © Stampin'Up 1990-2008
So these are my projects. I'd love to see what you can come up with using these colours together. Leave a comment so I can see. Til next time.....



5 comments:

Bruce and Sarah said...

Is it really Monday again, already??!! Still have to look at last weeks inspiration :).

HH said...

Cute cards Chantelle. I did find the photo not very clear in showing the true colours of the outfit though. Did anyone else find this, or is it just my eyes. Must be getting old :)

Jen said...

Hi Chan!
What an insprational project!
And your production is awesome!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi there, like those colours together, really nice. Renae x

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...