Tuesday 10 February 2009

Scrapbooking 12x12

Well, I promised you some scrapbook pages in 12x12. I haven't used this size layout for a long time, but I really enjoyed it. When I take my photo's, it's usually more than one in the same sitting. Sometimes it's hard to just pick one photo, so doing 12x12 layouts, allows me to have a few photo's of the same subject. It's pleasing to the eye when the photo's are similar, with the same theme and colours. And it makes designing your page layout and colour choice a whole lot easier as well.

This first layout is of my very photogenic son, Kyle. I've used Designer Paper Jersery Shore and worked with those colours: Wild Wasabi and Brilliant Blue.
The chipboard letter 'u' has been covered with the same DP. Tip: First cover your entire piece of chipboard with glue - I've used the Tombow liquid glue - cover the chipboard with your selected paper and press down to adhere the glue; then cut paper fairly close to the edge of the letter. Using a piece of sandpaper, sand away the excess edges. This will make very neat and finished off edges. I've used the Life's Definitions stamp set 'unique' underneath.



These next two layouts are fairly similar in design, as they will sit side by side in the album and feature Tyson & Liam at the Quindalup Farm during the summer school holidays. The colours are similar as well: Choc Chip, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive and Ruby Red. Because all the photo's are similar in colour, it's easy to choose colours that compliment, without over doing it and taking the attention away from the pictures.
I've used the Tidy Alphabet (retired) for their names and a few simple embellishments to finish off the page. The wider ribbon is perfect for scrapbook pages.















All images © Stampin'Up 1990-2009



1 comment:

amymom24 said...

I am such a HUGE fan of your scrapbooking, Chantelle. You do such beautiful work!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...