Wednesday 4 March 2009

Pink projects.

I had my own Colour Challenge and picked these colours to work with: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Certain Celery & Ballet Blue.

My first project is this cute box with a belly band. It's easy to make and is the perfect packaging for a little gift!
The box is made in the pink cardstock.
For the belly band, I've cut a length of Celery print DP and used the scallop edge punch on both sides. Then I've layered with a strip of Regal rose, which has been stamped using the swirl image from Priceless. The band is then wrapped around the box and secured so you can slide it off when opening the box!
I've tied a length of wide grosgrain ribbon around the band and then finished off with a tag, also using stamped images from the same set.

Next is a card using one of the retired stamp sets: Natural Beauty. It's sad to see this one go, as I really love these images for colouring and it's a set that can be used for so many occasions. Although it won't be in the new 2009/2010 catalogue, it will certainly be staying on my shelf!
The base card is in pink cardstock, to which I've added the three coloured squares using the square SU punch. In the same colour ink, I've stamped each square with the flower image.
Then I've stamped the same image onto the white cardstock and layered onto another piece of white cardstock. I've used the blender pen and stamp pad to colour the flower. The flower is finished off with a half pearl.
The words 'joy' and 'love' have been stamped using the marker pens. I've just selected which words I wanted from the stamp and used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up to the correct spot.
The card has been finished off with pink grosgrain ribbon and some paper piercing. I really love the simple look of this card.


And lastly, another card using Bodacious, another set that is retiring. The layout of this card is from Makeesha's sketch.

Once again, the base card is pink cardstock onto which I've stamped the Fine Lace background stamp (also retiring).
I've done each layer with the various colours of cardstock. The flower has been inked into Pretty in Pink and then the edges of the stamp rolled into the Regal Rose. This is called the rock-n-roll technique and is fun with bold images like this flower. I've cut out and mounted onto the rose cardstock with some leaves. And I've added some silver brads to the centre of the flower. The 'happiness' sentiment is from Warm Words.


So these are my projects for today. I must say, I had fun with all the PINK!!

5 comments:

Christina Marie said...

Ooooh so pretty! How do you make the box? My daughter wants to make a gift for her great grandmother and this post looks perfect for it -- including the colours! :o)

Liam said...

Love your pink projects just gorgeous. I love the colour combos.
Sad to see some of these sets go.

Liam

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Gorgeous Chantelle!!! You know I believe there can NEVER be too much pink. I love the card for Keesh's challenge and I'm soooo sad that Bodacious is being retired.

Hope you and you family are all well

Sarah
xx

Deborah said...

Oh I absolutely love your little pink box. Beautiful colours. I love how you decorated it. Great job.

Stacey Schafer said...

Love the Pink! Great projects with these colors:)

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...