Tuesday 12 May 2009

Gift box with acetate

I have been wanting to get some clear acetate for a few stampin projects that I've always wanted to try out; and finally this week I did just that. Though I had to go to three different stationery stores before I found some. The last store I tried sold packs of 10 A3 sheets which was just perfect; now I have some to last me a little while.
So here's what I made: a gift box filled with chocolates! This box is similar to one of Makeesha's MIM tutorials, so if you would like some details you can have a look there. But I've just designed this one on my own with the lovely Rasberry Tart DP. The measurements are 20cm high and 5cm x 9cm for the width around.
For the tag I've used a Sale-a-bration set - this sentiment is perfect for this gift box. I've used the Scallop edge punch to make the corners and then used a brad and tafetta ribbon to tie onto the wide ribbon.
Now that I've made one of these, I know I'll def. be making some more very soon.
I've started working on a Convention Momento Box which will hold a mini album and other treasures from Convention. I've also used some acetate on this project as well, so I hope to share that with you all sometime soon.

8 comments:

Zarna said...

I buy overhead transperancies from the newsagency in A4 sheets for acetate, maybe that would help make them easier to find next time?

Stacey Schafer said...

this is yummy...and somethin' else is yummy for you on my blog:)

Mandy Schiller said...

Love the colour combo! Carn't wait to see what your working on now!

Mandyxx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

gorgeous chantelle and what a great idea a convention memnto box, I really want to scrapbook the weekend, well try lol.
Kristy

Jen said...

You clever girl i love all your posts since Convention. You truly make me smile and keep things bright for the moments i open up your blogs and that of our InkSpirationlists:)

Anonymous said...

Very nice idea, looks and tastes even better in real life! :)

Karen said...

Hey there Chantelle - THIS IS GORGEOUS!! Oh how I long to eat one of those choccies! lol

Luv Karen
xo

Charmaine Black said...

Yummmm! those choccies look delish, not that I need any temptations at the moment! I love the Raspberry tart DSP and it looks really gorgeous on this box, well done and thanks for sharing, lots of inky hugs from Charmaine xx

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...