Friday 8 May 2009

Mothers Day gift wallet.

I always like the idea of gifts with a hand-made touch to them. So for Mothers Day this year, I've made a couple of these gift wallets with a belly band. They are so adorable in-real-life, so I wanted to share them here as well.
Here is a view of the wallet open. I've used Candy Lane DP, ribbon and Always stamp set.
I've cut a peice of 12x12 in half so it measures 12" x 6". Then along the longer side, I've scored 1" in, which folds up to make the pockets. Then I've scored at 4" intervals along the other side, to form the wallet.
So I've made three pockets into which I've put a gift card, a sachet of tea and a small note.

This is the wallet folded and with the belly-band. To make the belly band, I've cut a 2" x 12" piece of DP and wrapped around the wallet, so that it can slide on and off quite easily. I've finished off with some ribbon and the heart image from the Always stamp set.

And here's a close up of the heart. I've inked in Pink Pirouette and rolled the edges into Close to Cocoa ink. I've re-inked the heart image again, in Cocoa and stamped the little flower onto a small piece of white cardstock, punched out with circle punch, then attached a brad to the centre.

Well, these are off to be posted. They won't be in time for Mothers Day, but it will still be a nice suprise in their mail box early next week. (as long as they don't look here, which I'm quite sure that they don't very often, so I should be safe)
I'm making a 12x12 scrapbook page with the two stamp sets we got at Convention, Trendy Trees and Circle Circus; so I hope to share that with you soon.

4 comments:

Adnan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
aimee said...

hehe, she will love it :) good work sis :)

Jen said...

Wow they sure are goegeous Chan.....if this doesnt wow them nothing will:)

Makeesha Byl said...

Hey chan.....these look fabulous! Love this idea, and will have to give it a go for sure!
Did you get a bad comment you had to remove? i hope not! Love Keesh x

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...