Tuesday 28 July 2009

Curtain Call Colour Challenge #1

Curtain Call is the name of Stacey's new colour challenges, combined with an inspiration picture. I love how she has provided the picture as well as picked out the colours. Lots of fun. So here is the first one:
And here is my card. Once again, I've reached for Organic Outlines - this stamp set is seeing lots of ink!!
I've made this a smaller square card. Starting off with a base card of Night of Navy then a layer of Not Quite Navy onto which I've stamped one of the images in the same colour ink.
Then I've added a layer of Whisper White onto which I've stamped the outline image in the Not Quite Navy ink. On a sep. piece of white cardstock, I've stamped up the other image in Night of Navy, cut out and then poped up with dimensionals in front of the other image. I've also done the same with the small flower image in the Not Quite Navy. The picture below gives you a better idea of the layers.
Then I've finished off the card with some blue grograin ribbon and a small sentiment 'wishes' from Expressive Flexible Phrases.
A wonderful first challenge Stacey and I look forward to seeing lots more.

4 comments:

Fiona Harrison said...

What a fantastic interpretation of the pic & use of the colours. You're making me love organic outlines!!! I saw that challenge & had not a clue, you've got a winner there.

Stacey Schafer said...

Wow, Chantelle! This is a gorgeous card...love the bold and rich look of the organic outlines paired up with the Curtain Call colors! Thanks so much for playing along!

Unknown said...

Just Beautiful!

Rochelle said...

Very nice!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...