Thursday 3 September 2009

Scrapbooking and Felt

There's been lots of scrapbooking happening here of late. I was really excited when I stumbled across this amazing scrapbooker who uses felt and materials in her creations. Her name is Tania and you can view her work on her blog. She has a new class starting on September 7th called Scrapbooking with Fabric - check out the link for more details - it's sounds like lots of fun.

Anyway, I love the idea of using different mediums on scrapbook pages. I had a few A4 size pieces of felt laying around, so I used some in this 8x8 layout of Adam and Amber, my nephew and niece.
I've started off with a base of Kraft cardstock. Then I've layered it with Rose Red, Choc Chip, Designer Series Choc Chip and the photo.
From here I've just added my embellishments.
I used the heart image from the Always stamp set - first I stamped onto some thick cardstock, cut out and then I had a template to work with. Then I traced the heart onto the Chocolate felt and simply cut out.
I've also used felt flowers from the Flower Fusions by Stampin'Up. So I've layered the flower onto the heart and then added a cream button from my stash.
The Organic Outlines stamp set has been used as a background along one edge of the Kraft. Then I've stamped the solid leaf image onto some Whisper White, cut out, then layered onto the page.
The title 'love' is done with the Tidy Alphabet set - a retired stamp set. And I've also used Lifes Definitions for the word 'together'.



I'm so pleased with this page - I love the added texture of using felt and I will def. be exploring ways to use it again very soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this page and not only because my kids are on there! Great colours and i love the felt aswell, very effective! I also really love your pic of the week of your boys, a great photo!!!

Mandy Schiller said...

Lovely Page Chantelle! I have been thinking about organic outlines for a while now but I think you have just convinced me to get it....It looks so effective down the side of your page....

Mandyxx

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...