Saturday 5 September 2009

Scrapbooking Pic of the Week

Earlier on this week, I showed you my 'Pic of the Week'. Well I've put it on a scrapbook layout - thought I'd do up a 12x12 page layout.
There were quite a few different colours in the photo, but I chose to go with blues and red with some touches of green.
The base cardstock is Tempting Turquoise. Then I've added some layers in Riding Hood Red and Pacific Point. I've matted my photo onto some White cardstock.
For the embellisments, I've used some felt. I thought these squares with some coloured buttons would add a nice touch to the page. I've also stamped up the branch and small bird from Cheep Talk and also used the sentiment from the same set. The title 'brothers' is done with Tidy Alphabet (one of my favs but retired)
At the top of the photo I've added a strip of DP in Riding Hood Red and some ribbon, then added a quote printed out onto copy paper.
Last but not least, I've added some paper piercing around the Top Note diecut.

I'm really pleased with how this page turned out. I've kept the focus on the picture and used only a few embellisment to add texture. I find balance is really important: so have your photo in place, then add your embellisments, making sure they follow lines.
Enjoy your weekend with Father's Day. I'll be back next week with some more inspiration.

2 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

very cute Chantelle.
Kristy

amymom24 said...

Adorable! Love the branch and bird the best:)

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...