Friday 11 December 2009

Card patterns - sketch 44

I made a card for the latest sketch at Card Patterns - this is the sketch up at the moment.  Fun, fun; but it was a little harder than I thought!

Here's my creation:

I used Basic Grey Nook & Pantry pattern paper.  I picked out a few that co-ordinated together, and then decided on the main colours. 
I've teamed up Really Rust and Wild Wasabi together - who would have thought they went together!
So I've layered the paper as per the sketch.  For the main image, I've cut out a sweet birdie from felt, then sewed on a small button and added a chipboard heart shape.  This has been layered onto a lace doily!
I've added a 'hugs & kisses' sentiment, and also a white ribbon with button up the top.

I love how this one turned out.  It's rather busy with all the patterns but having the simple bird image balances it all out.  Thanks for a great sketch card patterns team!  I look forward to the next one.

Product used:
Stamps: Clear cling stamps
Cardstock: Nook and Pantry (Basic Grey), White, Wild Wasabi, Really Rust
Ink: Wild Wasabi
Others: Lace Doily, Felt, button, SU punches, rubbon, chipboard, Lace Doily punch

2 comments:

Chris said...

It turned out perfect! Love the little bird, heart wing and doilie! Glad you could play along over at Card Patterns, I'm so happy to be their sponsor.
I hope you can visit my blog too where I have a second chance for a prize plus my take on the sketch. :)
http://allamericanstampers.blogspot.com/2009/12/sponsoring-card-patterns.html

Bec said...

wow love those papers.. stunning card.. bec xx

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...