Friday 12 March 2010

Inkspiration Colour Challenge #19

Hello to you all on this lovely Friday.  As part of being in the Design Team for the Inkspiration Challenges, it's my turn to host.  This week is a fun colour challenge:

And here's what I've come up with this week:
My sister-in-law has kindly given me photo's of her cute girl, Amber, so I can create pretty girly scrapbook pages.  So for this weeks challenge, I decided to pick out a picture and use these fun colours to whip up a page.  I must say, I am really happy with the end result!
This is an 8x8" layout and I've started with a base in White,  Then I've added cardstock and pattern paper from the Designer Series paper by Stampin'Up.  I've also printed up some of my own paper with the word 'sweet', to use as a background.
For the embellishments, I've used some fabric flowers and lace doily.  These are items you will find in my Etsy store right here - Simply cards & Creative bits
I've also dug out an old favourite stamp set - Be Happy - by Stampin'Up.  This one is perfect for scrapbooking and you can make some fun embellishments with it.
I've also printed up a line of journalling and matted this onto more pattern paper.
Here's a closer look:
The design team will have some amazing inspiration too, so pop along to their blogs and give them a lovely comment:

Makeesha
Sarah-Jane
Kirsty
Renee
Cindy


Want to play along? - here are some guidelines.
If you would like to play along, all you need to do is follow the directions:
1. Make your creation following the challenge ie, sketch, colour, or inspiration image.
2. Load your creation up onto your blog or a public viewing forum like Splitcoast Stampers, with a direct link back to the post on this website, so that others viewing the post will know where the challenge has come from, and it is courtesy to do so.
3. Then come back to this post so that you can add your name and link in the Mr. Linky!

You have until the Thursday the 18th March midnight to get your entries linked.

I will be announcing the winner and honourable mention on Friday the 19th March in the afternoon.
Thanks for coming by, I do hope you have fun with this challenge and I'm looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.




Product used:
Stamps: Be Happy
Cardstock: White, Choc Chip, Regal Rose, Taken with Teal, Designer Series pattern paper, computer paper
Ink: Regal Rose, Choc Chip
Others: Fabric embellishments, buttons,

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for letting me play!

Anonymous said...

Very cute, love the colour combo on this page & all the different flowers!

Whimcees said...

Hello Chantelle!

I am here on the blog hop. Guess I am too early! I love your blog and all your creations!

Wishing you a good day today!

Barbara Diane

Robyn said...

Hi I'm here for the blog hop too, never mind your page is gorgeous.

Cindy Major said...

I love that you've made a scrapbook page! And all of the textural elements you've added at the bottom are awesome - makes you want to reach out and touch the page! Very cool result :D

Cindy

Big Mamma~ a.k.a. Mary S said...

Just found your challenge blog. I love it! Had a great time and hope you like my entry. I'll be back every week. Great site.

KimB said...

HI Chantelle,

lovely colour combo and perfect for your scrap page. The added dimension you added to it really brought it to life.

Kim

Shelley Starkis said...

Hi Chantelle,
These colours really challenged me. You've worked them in so well with your photo — they were a good selection of colours for that photo (or should I say the photo was a good choice for the colours!)
Thanks for hosting the challenge for us this week.
Shell

Deb Darby said...

Hi Chantelle.
Thanks for a great colour challenge.
This is the first time I have posted a challenge on my DBWS so apologies in advance if the link is not correct. I still have my L-Plates on LOL!!!!!!!!

Nikki Pascoe said...

Thanks for a wonderful colour challenge Chantelle!

Nikki

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...