Tuesday 16 March 2010

Out of the Hat - Scrapbooking challenge

I recently discovered the Out of the Hat Scrapbook challenges and I'm so glad I did.  The challenge for March is to use fabric, 3 different sized flower and chipboard.  So here's what I've come up with:

For this layout, I've used a photo of my oldest son, Kyle, who is 10. 
I've started with a base in 12x12" white.  Next I've layered some pattern paper from MME - Bloom and Grow, green fabric and a strip of a lace doily remnant in a peach colour.  The green checked heart is also a piece of fabric.
I've used chipboard letters for the title.  Using a stamp set from SU - I (heart) Hearts - I've stamped directly onto the chipboard in Sahara Sand ink and then also sponged the edges.
I've used three flowers made of fabric.
Another very cute embellishment is the blue dotted fabric button from Lil Red Rocket.
Here's a closer look at the details:
Another March layout completed - I need to get onto Jan and Feb before they disappear too far from sight.  I'm looking forward to seeing another great challenge for April - thanks girls. 

No comments:

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...