Sunday 16 May 2010

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #46

It's my week to make a card as Design Team member for MDUC. This week, Kel has a fun colour challenge: White or Cream with Black and 1 other colour.

And here's my card:



I just got in the post, a few of the new Fairytale Collection Magnolia's so I used this 'Longing Tilda'.   Isn't she just sweet; I love her long hair and it makes for fun colouring.  I've coloured her in with my Copic markers.
Then I've cut out the image and poped it up on a fabric doily, then layered onto a paper lace doily.
I've added some roses - these roses have been sprayed with red glimmer-mist which gives a little sparkle.
These roses are by ZVA CREATIVE ~ SWEET BLOSSOMS ASSORTMENT ~ 60 pack 19mm and you can get them from Scrapbook Boutique - I love that they come in large packs and it was only $13.00!!
 Have also added one of my white chiffon blooms - hand-made by me!
The papers are by Pink Paislee - 365 degrees.
I've added a 'hand-bag' charm to the ribbon and finished off the card with a sentiment using the Big Words & Handy Additions stamp set by Amy Rysavy. 
Here's a closer look at some of the details:



I hope you've checked out all the gorgeous work from the Design Team Members.  Be sure to link up your creation at the MDUC blog so we can all view your work.  Have fun with this one.

10 comments:

Tracey Feeger said...

Chantelle this is gorgeous. Love the crocheted redness behind Tilda and the text on that sentiment is great. Wonderful inspiration for anyone joining the challenge.
mwah
Trace

Kylie said...

Hi Chantelle, This is so pretty! I love the beautiful flowers and Tilda is coloured so perfectly.
Hugs
Kyliek

Kellie said...

OOOOOO Chantelle this is AMAZING I love that you used your doily and flower they look amazing, absolutely amazing, I think I just drooled on the keyboard....hehe.
What an inspiration to all joining us this week.
Hugs Kel xx

Debra James said...

This is gorgeous Chantelle, I am soo in love with all the gals in the fairy tale collection and you have just made me want this stamp, very pretty card, hugs xxxx

Unknown said...

Hi Chantelle, I love your card and the crocheted doily so cool!! I also realy love those chiffon flowers you made - might have to get some of those:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Stampin'Piper said...

What a wonderful card! Love this Tilda too and all the lovely details you've added! Great inspiration!

Big Hugs Tanja

Fran said...

Fabulus card Chantelle, I love the layering of the doilies (i tried making some the other day because i looked nice and relaxing... it's not, hahaha, not for a beginner anyways)That tilda is perfect nestled amongst all those flowers too!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Simply breathtaking, always love those colours together but you have made them look divine!

:) Marcia

Jodie from Oz said...

Chantelle, Your card is beautiful, the image is so sweet and love the colour combo along with your gorgeous embellies and colouring. Great take on the challenge this week with so much inspiration for all joining MDUC. hugs Jodie from Oz

Anonymous said...

This is stunning! I love the red doily and roses! Tilda is so beautifully colored--what a gorgeous card! Your chiffon flower is so pretty!
Hugs,
April

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...