Friday 16 July 2010

Inkspiration Colour Challenge #32

Hey everyone, hope you are having a great Friday.  The Inkspiration Challenge for this week includes these gorgeous colours - aren't they lovely:
And here's my card:

I've always loved the Oh So Lovely stamp set by Stampin'Up - the flowers are so elegant and pretty.  So with this image that I've coloured with Copic markers, I've added lots of layers of cardstock in the different colours including some white dotted paper in the So Saffron.  I've made an arrangement of doilies and lace trim, then added some ribbon and a rose tied to the end.
Here's a closer look:


I enjoyed these colours so much that I whipped up this scrapbook page using this wonderful picture of my niece Amber - it was just taken the other week when we met up with her family on holidays!

I changed the tones of the photo to B+W.
I've used lots of goodies from my Etsy store as well as other embellishments from my stash: heart lace, lace flower, chocolate felt flower, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, pink rose.
I love how this page turned out - makes me realise how much I really enjoy scrapbooking, especially working with my hand-made goodies.  I'm hoping to share alot more scrapbook LO's very soon!
Here's a closer look:


Well, I hope you've enjoyed my inspirations for this colour challenge - I'm sure you agree these colours are just gorgeous together - I hope you will play along!
You can view the details over at Makeesha's website and see her inspiration too.
Be sure to check out the Design Team work - I'm sure their creations will all be beautiful:
Kirsty
Teneale
Sarah-Jane
Cindy
Renee

I look forward to seeing your entries - thanks for coming by.

8 comments:

Lee said...

Your card and scrap page are gorgeous Chantelle, and your doily bits are perfect for these colours! Really pretty :)

Lee x

Anonymous said...

I love both of your creations Chantelle! You hsve used the colours beautifully.
Kirsty xx

KimB said...

Hi Chantelle,
love them both but the scrap page would have to be my favourite. You do a fabulous job of layering all the different textures!

Kim

Teneale Williams said...

Oh I love the scrapbook page, you have worked the colours so well.

Have a great weekend.

Teneale

Renée said...

Both projects are GORGEOUS, Chantelle!

Anonymous said...

Love how youve done this page and i also love the photo, a very natural look! Renae x

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful job with the colours - love the scrapbook page especially - but that's maybe because I am in awe of people who can scrap - LOL
xXx

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Oh wow, love these ... those colours look amazing together.

:) Marcia

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...