Thursday 31 March 2011

Loved by you.

 It's great to capture these sweet moments - it doesn't take much for Caden to share a kiss - he LOVES his hugs and kisses.  And we LOVE it too!
I've used this photo for a LO that I've created for the Aussie Scrap Source - Make it yourself challenge - the past week was Make Your Own Flower.  How fun is that!!


So the idea is to make your own flowers - I really wanted to use something that I had laying around and also something quick and easy. I decided on twine!!  Here are some close-up's:

 I've punched out a few different shapes - circles and scallops - tie a knot at the end of the twine and adhere to the centre of your shape.  I've used a foam dot for this so it would stay in place right away.  Twist the twine around until you are happy with the result - I've glued the twine in place.  Finish off with a brad - you could even add a button - that would look really cute too!
I've attached my flowers to some chipboard - Sea Grass from Stuff 2 Scrap (designed by Leeann Pearce)


Here I've covered an extra large button in some doily lace - I'm going thru my stash of fabrics and doilies and putting them to good use.

Papers are October Afternoon - Schoolhouse.  I've done some misting on the base with a plastic doily and glimmer-mist.
And a bunting using punches and twine - love my punches.
Now I'm off to check out the next challenge!!

Come back tommorow as we have a brand new challenge up at Stuff 2 Scrap blog - you are going to LOVE it as well as the opportunity to win some great chipboard.
Have a great day and happy crafting.

5 comments:

Jasmine S said...

This is just AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS. I love those twine flowers and I would certainly love to give them a go. I have so much twine. Fab idea.
Love your banner and misting. Great LO.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh WOW Chantelle! This is wonderful! I love what you did with the twine - simply fabulous!!! Gorgeous work as always!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous page, love the photo! x

Lou said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS LO and love all the details!! The flowers are awesome and so creative!!! Cant wait to see what you create for Once Upon A Sketch!!
Lou xx

Samantha said...

WOW! what a beautiful photo! love how you have made those flowers! and the misting is perfect!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...