Wednesday 4 May 2011

stuff 2 scrap - may challenge

 The May Challenge is up at Stuff 2 Scrap - this month it's all about 'mothers' which coincides nicely with Mothers Day! You can head to the blog to view all the details - you will have til 31st May to link up your creations and be in the running for a pack of chipboard.
For my LO, I chose this old photo of me (when I was 2) with my dear mum!!
And I chose to work with the beautiful collection of papers from Cosmo Cricket - circa 1934 - I have a few of these papers and this was the first time I got to use them.  They worked perfectly with the B&W picture.
Here are some close-up's of the details:
 One of the journalling blocks - I've embellished it with a bottle-cap, button, dress-makers paper and pattern paper.
 One of the rosette flowers that I'm just LOVING at the moment - thanks to my very generous and kind friend Leeann who is lending me the rosette die!!
 Here I've covered a chipboard heart in pattern paper and inked up the edges - then added in a paper rose.
And a chipboard board which I've just stamped with black ink and a pattern stamp from my stash!

And of course I've added in lots of other little goodies too - some of which you will be seeing in my Etsy shop very soon.  I'll be back later with some more sneak previews.

Thanks for coming by and we look forward to seeing your creations for this challenge!

3 comments:

Jess Mackenzie said...

Heya Gorgeous Lady : ) LOVE all that fabulous layering and texture.....scrumdiddlyumptious!!!! Love and Peace xox

Jasmine S said...

Oh so many goodies to see. That pic is just fabulous and I love the touches of red. Just pops.

Samantha said...

oh this is a stunning! layout! really love how you have used your flower other vintage goodies! truelu inspiring!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...