Wednesday 20 March 2013

she enjoyed the simple things - mixed media canvas

 Hello - hope you are all going well.  I'm sharing a mixed media canvas that I've been working on - it's been such a long time since I've done one of these.  I enjoyed making this one so much, especially using the Prima Mixed Media Doll Stamps - these are gorgeous and available at The Scrapbook Store!!
 Most of the papers are from my stash which include some of the She Art line by Pink Paislee - really love the bright colours in this collection.
Here are some close-up's:

 ... I stamped the doll stamp onto some bookprint paper and then paper-pieced with some of the pattern papers.  Added some colour to the skin and hair using watercolour crayon and paint ...

I love how this one turned out and it reminded me why I enjoyed doing these mixed media piece and ...... yes, I should do more ☺  Just to find the time in between everything else ☺

6 comments:

sandi said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this to bits! Great looking gal and love the background!

Anna said...

This is lovely!

amymom24 said...

WOW! Simply breath-taking!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Absolutely & totally stunning & my very, VERY fave thing of yours I've seen so far....I LOVE it!!! Totally awesome work, & YES - you should do more just so's I can 'ooh' & 'aah' over them!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yes you should definitely make more. Hi I am new to your blog. I found you via Christy's instagram feed. Love your blog and love that I found another Christy fan in Australia.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

This is stunning and beautiful all wrapped up in one. Simply gorgeous.

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...