Saturday 15 June 2013

Strong - Authentique - The Scrapbook Store

 Hey everyone - happy weekend.  Just popping in to share another page from my DT kit for The Scrapbook Store.
I think in every collection - there is that one special piece of pattern paper that is really cool and you don't want to cut it up or cover it too much.
This double-side 12x12 paper called 'Mighty' is one of those papers!!
I've used it as my base for this next page:



 I've just used the one photo of my husband with his dad and our boys!!  Got to snap moments like this ☺  As I said before, the main piece of paper is 'Mighty' from this collection.  I've also used 'Foundations' 12x12 paper and cut out all the individual words on the paper to include them as part of my journal work.  I've used some chipboard by 2 Crafty and some Prima trinkets.  Here are some close-up's:

 The chipboard piece " The Measure of a Man' is by 2 Crafty Chipboard - I've just inked the edges and stamped lightly with a script stamp as I did not want to loose any of the details.
 I love these Prima Vintage trinkets - they just add that something extra without it being to 'flowery' ☺
And another trinket with also a close-up of the individual words that I've cut out.  I've inked the edges and added some of my script stamping too.  The strips of journal work have been printed from the computer.

That was my third page using this collection and they have all been different.  This collection is very versatile, even though it lends itself towards masculine and the Father's Day theme.  I still have my Step-by-Step to share and I'm also working on a canvas using up bits and pieces from this collection and also the Silks Acrylic Glaze.

The Scrapbook Store is having it's End Of Financial Year Sale - there are over 800 products reduced by 25% - so please check out the store to grab yourself a bargain - happy shopping ☺

Have a great weekend and hope you can find some crafting time for yourself ☺

4 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

I find these types of papers really, REALLY hard to use...& my problem is I have the annoying [to me] habit of adding too much stuff - so they always look like a dog's dinner. Probably worse!!! But you! Well, you know how to use 'em....& SUCH a great boy range of paper...& you're right, those Prima metallic blooms are not too feminine...they look fab:):):)

Lizzyc said...

This looks wonderful... what a precious photo and love your words you have included on your layout...that is a great chippie title too... and the prima trinkets look fabulous!!

Sandie said...

I agree with Lizzy (top one) I also find these papers hard to use, and boy did you master this paper, it looks so fabulous!

Chantalle said...

I'm with Lizzy - a busy paper like that would scare me, but you just know exactly how to make it work x

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...