Friday 27 June 2014

Nutty Cacao Balls

 Hello + happy Friday.  I love the weekend and love it even better that there is only one week left before school holidays start!!
This week I've been busy baking treats for our camping holiday which we leave for next week.  One of them are: Nutty Cacao Balls.
There are many different recipes and versions of this healthy snack - you only need to google - bliss balls .........

Today I want to share my version!!  Quite often I just mix up together ingredients that I have in my cupboard, but I recently wrote down one version I used and I'm sharing it with you ☺


Nutty Cacao Balls

Place the following ingredients into your thermomix or processor:
10 medjool dates
1 cup raw macadamia
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup pepitas
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 tblsp chia seeds
2 tblsp raw cacao powder
1 tblsp coconut oil
2 tblsp maleo (honey or 100% maple syrup)
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
pinch of salt flakes
 dash of cinnamon powder

a bit of extra coconut to coat the balls

Process together til all the ingredients come together.
Form into small balls and roll into coconut.
Store in fridge.

(you can substitute ingredients for different tastes - almonds can be used and other seeds too.)


I whip up a batch of these weekly as they are perfect lunch box treats and my boys just love them ☺  I hope you will give them a go too ☺

You can print this recipe out - just click on the post title, scroll down to bottom of post and you will see the 'print friendly' icon - click on that for printing options.

Creating with love + happiness ♥

No comments:

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...