Monday 9 June 2014

so much fun - once upon a sketch June challenge

 Hello and happy Monday!  Another new week - I hope to have a few posts this week ☺
Today, I'm sharing my page for the Once Upon a Sketch June challenge - here is the sketch and the journalling theme is:  "the best things in life aren't things'




 Here is my take on the challenge:


 I've chosen this particular photo taken by one of my boys.  It captures his youngest brother playing in the rain and puddles.  One of his favourite things to do!!
Most of the products on this page are by Heidi Swapp.
Here are some close-up's:



I loved adding layers to this page with the papers and frames.  Also used some fun resist pieces with the Colour Shine and some stars.  I found some really cool stamps recently - one of them is a large ink splatter which I've used to imitate the 'splashing in the puddles'.

Another fun challenge and page completed ☺
Thanks so much for coming by.
Created with love and happiness ♥

5 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Love it, like I said on FB...that ink splatter looks AMAZAGOBS...what a great 're' find;) And HS stuff is soo fab cos you can colour it to match....lovely, lovely take on our OUAS challenge:) Thanks for joining in as always:):)!!

Lizzyc said...

That is so right, puddles and little boys go hand in hand.. fabulous layout.. love the flow of your title down like that! great photo too.

Val-Belle said...

Chantelle, I love this layout. That is such a cute photo and I love the way you have created movement across your page with the stars and the splats. Love it.
Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Chantelle, What a fabulous boy page and you've captured this rainy day photo so amazingly!! Love that you included your journaling in your page design!! I’m so glad you have joined us for the June Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for sharing your layout on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Наталья Шалыгина said...

beautifull page! fun and bright! Super! Thanks from OUAS!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...