Wednesday 6 August 2014

a WIP complete - crochet blanket

                          Hello to you all ☺
July was a very quiet month on the blogging front - we had beautiful holidays and birthdays to enjoy that kept us busy!   Now it's on to August ............................. already.  We are in the last month of Winter and are enjoying gorgeous sunny days!!
Today I would like to share a Work-In-Progress that I've been busy with.  You would have seen the progress of this one in previous posts.
It's now done - was one of my favourite blankets to make!           
 I've used 8ply acrylic in three colours that I got from Spotlight, with a 4mm crochet hook.  I've used one simple stitch - rope stitch and the inspiration for the blanket came from this lovely book  HERE.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
     I've finished off the blanket with a wide border of half treble crochet.
 I love the wide stripes in this design!
This new piece is for me - it goes perfectly in my room with the soft grey and pop of colour.
Now for a new project - I have a few in line and can't wait to share with you soon.
Creating with love + happiness ♥

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Gosh I am in love, it's gorgeous Chantelle, you must really sit back and look and pat yourself on your back, you've done an amazing job!

Val-Belle said...

The colours are so pretty and I love the design. I think I need to get mine finished. I taught myself to crochet on line but am still only making granny squares... :) but I like it ... I just need to finish it. Maybe I will try something else next. :D

Lizzy Hill said...

It looks gorgeous! Wish I had the patience for this type of thing! Still, it's nice to come look at yours:):)

Unknown said...

Really love this Chantelle! The wide stripes are perfect for the colours, nice beachy look!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...