Friday 8 August 2014

Art Journal

Hey and happy Friday ☺  Yesterday I shared a little of my new art journal.  Last night I finished off my first page and thought I'd share it here today ☺

I was inspired by the Art Journal Tangents & Tactics series - each week there are prompts, inspiration and a video tutorial.
This week the inspiration was a starburst and to use watercolour.  The video tutorial included lots of art doodling and drawing.
So here's my interpretation:
I have to admit that not alot of this is 'free-hand' drawing.  I have a 'thing' for having things neat and in order - I think this reflects alot in how I craft too - so with the help of stencils I added in patterns and let go a bit with some little bits of doodling and flowers ☺
I'm hoping with this art journal, I can learn to explore the drawing side of art!

I've added in some words and also did a little bit on my typewriter, then added that to one of the sections.
I've also added in some wood veneers - I like dimension and texture and felt the page just needed a little bit more.
The art mediums I used were:  Gesso for the background, watercolour paints, crayons, Faber-Castell PITT pens, black pen & Modgepodge.

A new Tangent & Tactic comes out today, so I'm looking forward to seeing the inspiration for this one.

Thanks for popping by and have a lovely weekend.
Creating with love + happiness ♥

7 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Your art page looks wonderful, great colors and each panel looks amazing.

Lizzy Hill said...

Looove the vibrancy of your journal page....it's FABULOUS:):) I'm off to check out that site now!!!

Snap said...

Wonderful! I love your "take" on Tammy's Starburst. You made it your own.

Cindy McMath said...

Very pretty and I like the addition of the textural pieces. Those doodled flowers were my favourite part of the whole piece, but the overall "orderly" composition is lovely.

Unknown said...

Love this idea, great way to push yourself creatively! I've been wanting to improve my drawing skills, have a journal just for this but need to set aside some time everyday I think!

Radhika said...

This is so amazing love it :)

Elisa said...

I enjoyed reading this

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...