Wednesday 13 August 2014

art journal

 Hello crafty peoples!!  Today I'm sharing more from my art journal.  Going along with Daisy Yellow Art - Tangent No 2 !!  This tangent and tactic is about the glass half empty and half full - positives and negatives.
The video provided gave idea's for the painted background and using items around your home for stamping.  

I chose to interpret this as: things I like to improve on & things that are important to me.
 My painted background was done with gesso and paints.  I found a few items in the bin in my craft room and used these to stamp circles and triangles in the background.  I also used stamps and rub-on's.

 I used my manual typewriter to write down things that I feel are negative issues in my life - it's always so easy to think of these things in our minds, but when it comes to writing them down and being honest .......................... it's completely different.  Although this is not all of them, it was good for me to identify some points!
 My little list here are things that help make life positive and enjoyable - I'm thankful for all of these things and so much more.

 The scrapbooker in me couldn't resist adding in a few embellishments too.  I included a photo on this side with a quote which reads: there is always something to be thankful for. 
I love how this stamping turned out, in this corner of the journal - it adds texture and a sense of layers.  I used the left-over paint from the background and blended in the colours a little.

Well, that was week two in this art journalling series - I'm really enjoying this little project.  If you love art journalling, check out Daisy Yellow Art.  It's a very inspiring place ☺

Creating with love + happiness ♥

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Love your art journal pages.. What I like about the art journalling is that it is so personal and reflective and although I have only done a few pages it is good to look back over and be reminded of why you created that page.. I really like the tag that say.. love lives here.. very nice..

Snap said...

Love this. Love how personal these pages are...and all the color and texture ... fun little surprises everywhere!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...