Thursday 4 September 2014

currently creative .......

 Hey there - hope your week is going well☺
Today, I'm linking up with Give a Girl a blog for 'currently creative'.
I have a few crochet projects on the go .....

The first one is this 'as we go stripey' blanket - the pattern for this one is from Not Your Average Crochet!
 I'm using the pattern that she has available on her blog - the width of my blanket being 193 stitches  - currently I'm up to row 48 - so about 1/3 of the way ☺  I'm using yarn from my stash in 8ply acrylic! 

 It's a very fun project - I love the idea of learning new stitches as I go along and it's being a blanket 'full of texture'.
I'm calling this my 'colours of the sea' blanket ☺
 Another little side project I have going is a crochet cushion cover.  It's a simple granny square pattern which I'm 'making up' as I go along.
 One side is nine granny squares joined together with a border and the other side is one big granny square.I've used Moda Vera cotton/acrylic blend in 8 ply and it's a lovely yarn to crochet with.
 To join my granny squares, I've used the 'join-as-you-go' method which creates a lovely ridge!
 Hoping to finish this one soon as my little man is patiently waiting for it - it's destined for his bedroom ☺
And this cute little crochet glass jar cover was a little project I completed at my Wednesday craft morning group that I go to in our town.  I must make more of these - they would be lovely gifts ☺

So that's what I've been keeping busy with, on the crafty side of things - there's been a little bit of art canvas in between - hope to share a few of those soon ☺

Thanks for popping in.
Creating with love + happiness ♥

1 comment:

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...