Thursday 2 October 2014

zucchini, chia + walnut cake

 Hello - hope your week is going well ☺ We are enjoying school holidays - so there's lots of lovely, relaxed days.
It's time for a recipe share - I've been making this one quite a bit lately!

I remember growing up as a young girl and watching my mum in the kitchen, baking and cooking away.  She always made lots of yummy food!  I think that's where I've got my love of baking from ☺ 
I have a note book with hand-written recipes - a collection of favourites that I remember my mum making.  I used the recipe below as inspiration for the recipe I'm going to share - I've tweaked the ingredient list just a little ☺
  

 Ingredients + Method
 3 eggs
100 gr rapadura sugar
100 gr macadamia oil, butter or coconut oil
1 zucchini
80 gr walnuts
200 gr spelt white flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp baking powder

Grate the zucchini by hand or in thermomix - 3 seconds Sp 5.
Set aside.
Beat together eggs + sugar - 30 seconds Sp 5
Add in oil/butter til all combined.
Add in all the remaining ingredients and mix together - I do this for about 10 seconds on Sp 4.  There is no need to over-mix!

Pour into a lined loaf tin or muffin cases - here I've made muffins - it makes 10 large size ones ☺
Bake in 180 degree oven for approx 20 mins or til done.
 This cake is moist and tasty!  I love it with a dollop of butter ☺ Enjoy for a yummy morning tea with coffee or tea.

I hope you will give these a go ..................................
Enjoy the weekend and I'll be back next week with something creative.

Creating with love + happiness ♥

1 comment:

Val-Belle said...

Oh these look yummy... I must give them a try :D

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...